Thoughts on State Management in React
- There's a good chance, you're making it harder than it needs to be.
- Most state is not global in nature, so it shouldn't be stored or managed globally
- Sometimes, you might have some truly global state. In those cases, store it globally... it's not one-size-fits-all.
- Form input state should never be global.
- When you hear that state should have "a single source of truth" that means a specific piece of state should have one source of truth. It does not mean that all state in your entire application needs to share the same source of truth.